Universal Proxy Agent
The Internet is everywhere. And the deployment of internet-related technology is growing rapidly. Together with the growth of the Internet and internet-related products, there is an increasing demand for accessing non-internet-capable products via the Internet or the company intranet.
Most of the equipment used for building computer networks is “internet-capable” by nature. This means that such equipment can be controlled or monitored by way of standard internet protocols. However, a vast amount of devices -even those that have some sort of computer interface- were not designed with IP networking capability.
The UPA-401 allows “non-ip” devices to be controlled and monitored by means of:
- a SNMP network management platform such as HP OpenView or IBM Tivoli.
- a Web Browser such as Microsoft Internet explorer or Netscape Navigator.
- a Telnet client as available on all current Microsoft and Unix operating systems.
- a Dial-up modem connection.
The basic UPA-401 unit is equipped with one serial port (V.24/V.28, RS422 or RS485) for device control, a serial port for system set-up and software upgrades, a contact sensor and a relay contact.
The device is connected to the IP network by means of a 10baseT Ethernet port.
For each application, MuLogic will create the software extensions to suit the attached device. These software extensions can be easily uploaded though the serial port or via the network.
Feel free to contact MuLogic to discuss your application.
- Allows SNMP based control and monitoring of external devices
- Alarm notifications by means of SNMP-traps or customer defined protocol.
- Web Based access for control and monitoring
- Telnet access for configuration, control and monitoring
- Serial device port with rates from 75 bps up to 115.2 kbit/s
- Serial device port selectable as: RS232 (V.24/V.28), RS422 or RS485
- Contact sensor and relay contact.
- Control port for configuration and software upload
- Isolated +7..36 Volts supply voltage for industrial applications
- Din-Rail mounting (optional)
The applications for the UPA-401 are numerous. Printed below is a brief list of possible products and application areas where the UPA can be used:
Data loggers, Static control boards, Serial devices, Battery monitors, Satellite receivers, Satellite head stations, Microwave transceivers, Oil rig monitors, Corrosion monitors, Power meter measurement devices, PBX accounting systems, Remote power management controllers, etc.
- Serial port connector type: DB-25 (ISO2110), Screw terminal (optional)
- Supported signals (DCE type): RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD
- Data rates: 75, 110, 150, 200, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.4k, 4.8k, 9.6k, 19.2k, 38.4k, 57.6k and 115.2 kbit/s
- Interface types: RS232, RS422 and RS485
- Contact sensor and relay contact on screw terminal’
- Adaptor cable to serial port.
- Data format: 2400, 9600, 19200 bps, 8 bit, no parity
- 10baseT Ethernet
- Connector type: RJ-45
- Dimensions: 95x145x30 mm LxWxH
- Weight: 190 gr.
- Power supply: Mains power adapter, 12 Vac or +7..36 Vdc (48 Vdc optional)
- Power consumption: 2 W
- Temperature range: 0~50 C Humidity: 5~95%